Just because those men have turbans on they’re the enemy? Just because they have dark skin? Beards?
Reagan met with the Mujaheddin. The fighters who were at war against the invading Soviets. The enemy of my enemy. If that’s too complicated of a concept I’ll be more than happy to explain the cold war and the usage of proxy wars.
Let’s set the timeline straight.
- Reagan meets with Mujaheddin 1983 (Pictured above)
- Soviets withdraw from Afghanistan in 1989
- The Taliban doesn’t even become an active militia until 1994
- The Taliban doesn’t take primary control of Afghanistan until 1996 (13 years after the photo above)
- During the rise of the Taliban the US backs the Northern Alliance, a Islamic Democratic group dedicated to fighting against the totalitarian Taliban.
So let’s review.
- You’re racist.
- You don’t understand history.
- You clearly took a photo out of context
Why is cinnamon so amazing?
Just had McDonalds for the first time in a decade and a quarter.
First trailer for the new Wachowski movie, “Jupiter Ascending.”
IT BASICALLY LOOKS LIKE A STAR WARS MOVIE WITH MILA KUNIS AS A JANITOR WHO BECOMES A SPACE PRINCESS?? PLUS CHANNING TATUM IN RIDONKULOUS EYELINER WITH A DYED GOATEE? AND SEAN BEAN. AND *EDDIE REDMAYNE* AS SOME KIND OF HILARIOUS BRITISH-ALIEN GOTH SUPERVILLAIN.
PUT THIS ALL IN MY EYEBALLS AT ONCE.
Grabbing the popcorn, I’m ready :D
100% ON BOARD WITH THIS SILLINESS
TOTALLY SEEING THIS
Holy Shit YES.
So much this!